Iran says US airman rescue operation ‘completely foiled’
Iran says US airman rescue operation ‘completely foiled’

Iran’s military claims it foiled a US rescue mission for a downed pilot, destroying aircraft and dismissing Trump’s announcement of a successful recovery

TEHRAN: Iran’s military declared it had “completely foiled” a US operation to rescue an airman from a downed fighter jet.

Military spokesman Ebrahim Zolfaghari stated the mission was a deception planned at an abandoned airport in southern Isfahan.

“The so-called US military rescue operation, planned as a deception and escape mission… was completely foiled,” Zolfaghari said in a video statement carried by state television.

He claimed that “two C-130 military transport planes and two Black Hawk helicopters were destroyed” during the incident.

Zolfaghari added that US President Donald Trump proceeded with “empty rhetoric and diversion” despite Iran’s forces demonstrating superior position.

The statement directly contradicted Trump’s announcement that the officer had been rescued and was “SAFE and SOUND”.

State media broadcast images of charred wreckage scattered across a desert area, with smoke still rising from the site.

Iranian media also reported that strikes during the operation killed five people in the southwest.

It was not immediately clear whether those killed were civilians or military personnel.

Since Friday, Iranian media has shared footage of local residents searching for the aviator.

Authorities had offered a bounty for information leading to the pilot’s location.